another jupiter image

Eeyarn

took this using a canon 1100d and a 5 inch reflector. its not brilliant but im quite please with it since its my first attempt :)

anyone have any advice as to how i can improve? unfortunately i dont have a laptop hence the dslr and not a webcam. the main problem was just the size of the planet on the sensor so had to use a 6mm eyepiece (is it called eyepiece projection?)

post-31733-0-39037900-1390266156_thumb.j

I think you've done well all things considered. Yes it is called eyepiece projection. Must have been extremely difficult with a 6mm eyepiece!

Absolutely Eeyarn. Well done.

Best regards,

Ralph

cheers :) 

yeah it was either 6 or 8mm, ther the only eyepieces that i have that fit in the t-adapter when its on the camera. 

this was about 30 seconds video converted in winff and ran through registax. think ill try a longer video next time, hopefully that might help.

cheers :) 

yeah it was either 6 or 8mm, ther the only eyepieces that i have that fit in the t-adapter when its on the camera. 

this was about 30 seconds video converted in winff and ran through registax. think ill try a longer video next time, hopefully that might help.

You'll be safe doubling that time really Eyearn before you get problems with rotation.

Cheers

Barv

Hi yeah went for a longer video think it was about two minutes, got a lot better result.

Iainattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hi yeah went for a longer video think it was about two minutes, got a lot better result.

Iainattachicon.gifimage.jpg

The image is better Eeyarn but the shape isn't right. I would check the codec of the camera on the settings and post them back on here.

Regards

Barv

Very nice :)

You might be able to remove the bright bit on the left of Jupiter by using the balance RGB function in registax.

It's on the right in the middle of the options if I remember right. Click it and drag the box over the whole planet then click auto align or something like that.

Archived