Suggestions please....

AstroGnome

I am awaiting delivery very soon of my custom made shiney new Moonraker telescope. It's a 100mm f13 achromat that will look similar to this (but with subtle red highlights);

post-7999-0-18752200-1390227116.jpg

Can anyone provide me with some suggestions for eyepieces?

I'm after 3 (or maybe 4) eyepeices that would;

a - Give me a good useable range of focal lengths (including something for high mag planetary observing);

b - Work optically well with this scope;

c - Match. i.e. are the same make and model and they must be in keeping with the look and feel of the scope (I'm definately going for aesthetics with this scope);

d - won't break the bank (less than £100 per eyepiece)

I'm not asking for much ( :grin:) and i'm sure someone here can offer some helpful suggestions.

Ta....M

Wow. Beautiful piece of kit.

Considering the focal length, your scope should be tolerant with a large range of eyepieces. May I suggest a zoom eyepiece?

Cheers, i like shiney....

I have thought about a zoom, I have a couple already for my grab-and-go kit and my PST, I like them. But I can't find a zoom that is aestheticaly pleasing to look at, and nothing that would compliment the scopes design.

Fixed focal length is my prefered route.

TV plossls would be good, the longer ones do fall outside the single item budget.

The longer 5 of the BST's Starguiders would be good, say 5 as they are £49 each.

Similar for the Celestron X-Cels, they cost a bit more.

The TV's are probably more in keeping with the scope and the 11mm and 15mm would be good for planets and a 32mm for wide. Unlike the BST's and X-Cels they are not par-focal which is a nice thing to have.

TV plossls would be good, the longer ones do fall outside the single item budget.

The longer 5 of the BST's Starguiders would be good, say 5 as they are £49 each.

Similar for the Celestron X-Cels, they cost a bit more.

The TV's are probably more in keeping with the scope and the 11mm and 15mm would be good for planets and a 32mm for wide. Unlike the BST's and X-Cels they are not par-focal which is a nice thing to have.

From my own searching so far the BSTs are the current front runners. Good choice of sizes, good value and they look quite nice too (i.e. not boring black)

Archived