NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Riding the booster

Kirscovitch

Brilliant video buddy. Love those second camera angles where you see the shuttle power away after the boosters detach and you see the other booster spinning against the black of space and curve of the Earth. Such a shame the shuttles are no more

My 6yo son is doing a project at school at the moment on the moon and space. Will show him this video later today. Great post.

I was lucky enough to see a Titan launch in 1976 when my boat was doing torpedo trials in Tongue of the Deep of the Bahamas. The home port was Port Canaveral and we had an invite to see a satellite launch. Though not a shuttle (and long before it) it was impressive, so a shuttle launch would be even more so.

What I do clearly remember was that there was a high mackeral sky and when the Titan went through it it sent ripples into the cloud base...

Canaveral was also a very lively place at night....nuff said.

I was lucky enough to see a Titan launch in 1976 when my boat was doing torpedo trials in Tongue of the Deep of the Bahamas. The home port was Port Canaveral and we had an invite to see a satellite launch. Though not a shuttle (and long before it) it was impressive, so a shuttle launch would be even more so.

What I do clearly remember was that there was a high mackeral sky and when the Titan went through it it sent ripples into the cloud base...

Canaveral was also a very lively place at night....nuff said.

1976? It was an awesome year. Same one I was born.  :grin:

Archived