celestron or skywatcher

Hi all.

I need some advice. what scope would you rather buy.

• Skywatcher Explorer 130M (EQ-2)
  • AstroMaster 130EQ MD

its the only two that falls in my price range at the moment. any thoughts on the scopes would be great! also any other scopes like this or better for under £200 would be great!

Many thanks!

Jim

Thanks! I am going to order one!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Don't rush in to it though , be aware you will be wanting a collimation tool for this scope or indeed any of the reflectors. You can always get more opinions or indeed speak to flo ( first light optics) they will help too.

Good luck with your choice.

I agree that you shouldn't rush, but it's worth pointing out that the 150 mm Dob is f/8 so you'll likely get good images with just the included "collimation cap." The cap is a Cheshire and provides the information you need to adjust the tilt of the primary mirror. This is the most critical alignment.

I agree that you shouldn't rush, but it's worth pointing out that the 150 mm Dob is f/8 so you'll likely get good images with just the included "collimation cap." The cap is a Cheshire and provides the information you need to adjust the tilt of the primary mirror. This is the most critical alignment.

I didn't realise you get a colli cap with it , bonus !  :headbang:

Go with the Skywatcher! I bought a Celestron 130eq and had loads of trouble with it and eventually got a Skywatcher 200p Dob second hand on eBay in mint condition for £180! Well worth it cos I couldn't for the life of me polar align the eq mount!!

Archived