Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Science Articles on the Web

I was wondering if people know of any good science news sites or blogs that you would recommend please? There are some enthusiastic and knowledgeable writers out there, and I'm hoping to broaden my reading.

A few that I enjoy on a regular basis:

Ask xkcd taught me that the best place to go flying is Titan, that a supernova is brighter than a hydrogen bomb detonated right against your eyeball, and that Yoda has the same power output of an electric Smart car motor.

06.png

Astrophysicist Ethan Siegel deserves a special mention for explaining inflation theory in a manner I actually found comprehensible.

From Empirical Zeal I learned that many languages don't distinguish between blue and green, that the act of naming them affects our perception of colour, and that solar airplanes don't scale well.

Melted-crayon-rainbow-small1.jpg

Krulwich Wonders has some fascinating trivia - explaining why wine glasses cry and how dolphins blow and play with rings.

rings3_wide-4d02858535f67e57bfea524c0bba

Archived