NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Simmons 10x50

Kirscovitch

Roaming through a store today with a giftcard burning a hole in my pocket. Spotted a pair of Simmons 10x50s for under $30. I figured what the heck. Using the card they only cost me 10 bucks. 

Mostly cloudy skies tonight and thought about taking out the new dob for first light but decided to try the new bins out instead.

I can't believe I didn't buy a pair sooner! M42 and 45 showed up quite clearly even with the bright street light on the corner. Jupiter was better than I thought it would be and could pick out a couple of moons. Finally I got my first glimpse of M31. Small fuzzy smudge but I could tell what it was. After all the nights I tried finding it with my SLT with no luck, all it took was a pair of bins.

I'm glad I got the bins. I know they will be with me even on nights when I have the Z10 out.

Wow 10 bucks, nothing to lose huh? Got to use my 10x50 s tonight too for the first time, pretty awesome! Below freezing though I found it kinda tricky avoiding the shakes looking at Pleaides , have to find a away to steady my stance, guess an old lawn chair could work. Sure gives you a different perspective though working with both eyes and so portable compared to the Dob!

Archived