NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just took delivery of......

Evening all just took deliver of my first telescope a Meade ETX 70! Havnt used or tried it just checked it over couple of minor things ..... I hope!

The rubbers in the eye pieces have worn and split can they be replaced??

Also looks like a small amount of dust is on the mirror?? As if your looking down the hole where the eye piece would go. What's the best way to clean it??

Thanks

Congrats on the new gear!

Ooooh don't try to clean the mirror unless its caked in dust! If you shine a light on any mirror there will be dust and nothing to worry about. Not sure about the rubber but are the EPs really valuable? Perhaps money will be better spent on new EPs later. I'm assuming this is second hand based on your questions.

Ok thanks for the tip I'll keep my fingers out and make dam sure the Mrs does she was dien to get in there and clean it!

Yeah it's second hand and my first kit well I'm not sure there just the standard Meade eye pieces suppose I could make do then see if new ones are needed at a later date

Archived