Comet Lovejoy through trees!

Comet Lovejoy is currently an evening object after dusk in the NW just west of M13 globular cluster -  my first encounter last night in twilight but it ran into trees so probably my worst pic ever but so what - I got it and think I've ID the starfield   :cool:

post-21003-0-65693200-1386668954.jpg

Yeh - definitely better :-). Got another last night setting into rooftops through birch tree tracery :-)

I'm betting that one is also better than mine.  :)

Believe it or not your shots have inspired me to give it a go early tomorrow morning.  Haven't been trying for a while because I knew my attempts would end up like the shot you posted, or worse.  But I guess that would be better than nothing!

I'm betting that one is also better than mine.   :)

Believe it or not your shots have inspired me to give it a go early tomorrow morning.  Haven't been trying for a while because I knew my attempts would end up like the shot you posted, or worse.  But I guess that would be better than nothing!

Any luck?  My shot of Lovejoy Tuesday evening through birch tree tracery and setting over neighbours roptop ;-)

post-21003-0-43782400-1386932736_thumb.j

Any luck?  My shot of Lovejoy Tuesday evening through birch tree tracery and setting over neighbours roptop ;-)

Maybe.   :grin:

CometLovejoy-Dec132013c_zpsc1c600c1.jpg

I think I'm winning!  Took this about an hour ago, looking into a thin layer of clouds, straight into the most light polluted area in my sky.  First time I've been able to find Lovejoy so I am VERY excited!

Well done - great shot:-) Can you do a close/ enlarged crop ?

Thanks.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/202117-first-date-with-lovejoy/   The second image is a heavy crop, but from a different picture taken with a longer, darker lens.  When I get back home this evening I'll crop this picture to get a better close up.  :)  I also have a color version of the picture here, but you can't see any color on Lovejoy so I desaturated it to save space and make it a more consistent image.  Everything looked purple before.

Archived