Celestron neximage5

Be grateful for some pointers on this webcam. I'm using it to video Jupiter but just can't get to grips with the program iCap2.2.

My problem (I think) comes when I try to increase the frame rate. It'll happily sit at 20-30 fps but when I try to increase the rate to 50fps the exposure drops right away so my laptop doesn't even see an image. If I increase the exposure then the fps plummets. I can't seem to do something to one without affecting the other. I also seem unable to change the brightness which is greyed out and wonder if this is the issue? Am wondering also if my old laptop may just be too slow??

If there was a manual i would read it but that would be helpful...

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Moley 

Frame rate and exposure are linked. If you have an exposure of 1 second, you can only operate at a frame rate of 1 frame per second. If you change exposure to 1/10sec you can obviously achieve 10 frames per second. You should be able to adjust the gain to 50-75% of maximum and then set the exposure to fill the histogram to ~75%.

Thanks Freddie. I've been trying to limit the gain to just under 50% so maybe I can push that a bit more. I had been trying to fill the histogram to 100% so maybe I just have to accept there are going to be limits. Frustrating. Feels like I'm leaving some quality behind. Not convinced the NexImage is going to measure up to the DMKs 

Archived