NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

t ring help

Hi peeps, I might be doing this all wrong or missing a part, I have t ring and adaptor for my canon 700d, I connect it all up but I can only fit up to a 8mm ep before it hits the inside of the camera,I might be doing it wrong, I take the lense off my cam and twist the t ring on, get the adaptor and put a ep into it then attach that to thect ring, does that sound ok, is there another longer t ring or something so I can fit a lower ep, thx guys and girls

A t-ring for canon eos, a t-ring adaptor either 1-1/4 or 2' for whichever size focuser your scope has and thats all you should need. Pictures of your set up would help. Are you trying to get prime focus with your scope or using a barlow or?

Hi, I use my 600D with a T-ring and T-adapter by screwing the ring on the end of the adapter, taking the lens off the camera and screw the T-ring onto the camera. Then I put the T-adapter straight into the draw tube without any ep. If your DSLR has live view you can focus through that. I use something like the Moon or Jupiter to focus by zooming in. One other thing  I use is a screw in LP filter onto the adapter to protect my camera sensor, but you can get a clip that goes directly onto the camera then add your T-ring, although they are much more expensive.

Brenda  :smiley:

Hi peeps, I might be doing this all wrong or missing a part, I have t ring and adaptor for my canon 700d, I connect it all up but I can only fit up to a 8mm ep before it hits the inside of the camera,I might be doing it wrong, I take the lense off my cam and twist the t ring on, get the adaptor and put a ep into it then attach that to thect ring, does that sound ok, is there another longer t ring or something so I can fit a lower ep, thx guys and girls

Uhm, you are attempting to use your camera along with an eyepiece?... thats bad, M'kay? (unless you are using a compact camera and eyepiece projection...)

Look, you can do two things...

1. attach the T-ring directly to the T-threaded focuser on your scope, and attach the camera to the T-ring. This might result in you not having enough tube-length to get focus... In which case you need a few T2 extension tubes which you can buy at any only astro shop.

2. Attach the Camera to the T-ring, and the T-ring to the T-adapter, remove the eyepiece from the prism of your scope and insert the camera in its place.

I recommend going with option number one, as number 2 involves an additional mirror - thus additional light-loss. ;) If you're unable to get focus though, try option #2 just for the heck of it...

Sincerely, Alveprinsen.

Yeah I got a barlow t adapter but I tried to take some pics of the moon earlier and was to close, only could get a quarter of the moon in, lol, its all new to me!

You might want to get yourself a regular T adapter without the barlow. I know you can unscrew the barlow-lens from the adapter though, but I dont know how you'd fasten it in the eyepiece holder then...

Yeah brenda,that sounds right to me, im doing the same but never knew how to focus the cam with no lense on it

When you have a camera connected to a telescope, the telescope IS the lens. :) You focus by moving the tube in and out of the focuser. In some cases you might need a longer focusing tube than the scope currently has. If this is the case, you need to buy extension tubes in order to move the camera further away from the optics of the telescope. If you point at a bright object, say the Moon, or Jupiter, and you see its out of focus - you move the tube further and further out, while watching a bright "ring" get either smaller and smaller, or larger and larger. If the tube of your scope reaches its maximum or minimum length with bright objects still being just bright round rings of light - that means you are unable to achieve focus because of too short inward or outward travel of the focusing tube.

Alveprinsen

You might want to get yourself a regular T adapter without the barlow. I know you can unscrew the barlow-lens from the adapter though, but I dont know how you'd fasten it in the eyepiece holder then...

if you have a barlow like this

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-eyepieces/skywatcher-deluxe-2x-barlow.html

unscrew the lens,the black bit at bottom,that leaves you with a tube that screws into t-ring which then will fit inside focuser

like an eyepiece

Archived