Hello from Sevenoaks, Kent!

Emmanuel Marchal

Welcome to SGL, glad to hear you've finally escaped the evils of light pollution. Best of luck with the observatory project.

Thanks! You live in a great part of England. I went once to The Lizard and did an observing night on the parking lot of Kynance Cove and I can say these were one of the darkest skies I've had in a long time with unobstructed views till America ;)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! You live in a great part of England. I went once to The Lizard and did an observing night on the parking lot of Kynance Cove and I can say these were one of the darkest skies I've had in a long time with unobstructed views till America ;)

The skies can be fantastic in Cornwall. Unfortunately I live up in Hertfordshire these days, although I do get to visit family down there fairly regularly. Many times the Milky Way has been a welcome sight after a long drive, but I've had a frustrating time this year - I've kept missing the clearest nights, sometimes only by a day, and my opportunities to observe and image have been limited.

The skies can be fantastic in Cornwall. Unfortunately I live up in Hertfordshire these days, although I do get to visit family down there fairly regularly. Many times the Milky Way has been a welcome sight after a long drive, but I've had a frustrating time this year - I've kept missing the clearest nights, sometimes only by a day, and my opportunities to observe and image have been limited.

I hope 2014 will give you more clear skies!

Archived