I am reasonably pleased with this but would like some advice please, how do I get rid of the redness by the tree? this is a composition of 6 subs each 7 secs, layered in photoshop in screen mode, I adjusted what I could using levels and curves but can't seem to shift that redness without taking the red from the entire image?

Neil.

post-31872-0-71791200-1386113497_thumb.j

Hi Neil, I envy you being able to take palm trees and the night sky all in the same image - we just have almost bare trees here now until around April - ho hum.  Anyway, the way to get rid of the red is to mask off that area in PS and change the colour balance on that part only - or slightly de-saturate which will take most of it out. ~This leaves the main picture unaffected.  

Nice wide field image, but you could try taking longer exposures and you will get more detail.  I have been using 30 sec, but now I'm onto 1 min and getting better results. Once I get my Polar alignment better I'll be going for longer exposures.

Brenda  :smiley:

Thanks Brenda, the palm tree is in the corner of my garden and i was cursing the fact that it was in the way lol

Yes when i get  tracking ability i will be doing lots of wide field long exposures, untill then i am limited to about 20 mins and thats using lots

of subs depending on the lens i am using.

thanks for the comment.

Neil.

Archived