Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astro Baby - Addition to your excellent site..

Hey Astro Baby,

When I got my first EQ6, yours was the first techy site I visited and when the time came I used much of your information.

maybe there are a few bits that would benefit NEQ6 users (very small additions)

I found that the assembly of newer NEQ6 has not been as good as it was in the past.  Most common problem - Very noisy (grating) sound when slew starts and stops.

Cause took ages to locate... Did you know that the stepper motor plate has a shaft with the gear that meshes with the worm drive gear.  Take a look at that shaft it is held in by a set screw and the shaft does not seem to be concentric all the way through allowing the slack to be taken up between the stepper gear and the secondary gear on the stepper plate. The plate can then be relocated and the noise is gone!!

I bet those people doing assembly at the factory don't know that?????  Mine was completely wrong.

Check it out and let me know if you think this is the case or did I just get a badly machined shaft!!!

Regards,

John

@AstroJohn

Archived