NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Engineering "Owls Nest" Pillar Extension

John

I wonder if there are any users out there of the AE "Owls Nest" pillar extension ?

I'm looking for a robust pillar extension to add a few inches in height to my Meade giant field tripod and I wonder if the Owls Nest would do the trick ?. From the specs I can find it seems to have a diameter of around 16cm and adds around 19cm between the pier / tripod top and the mount base. Are those figures correct ?

I can't find any info on the top and bottom fittings of this device. Flat surfaces top and bottom with a central hole top and bottom to attach to the tripod top and mount base would suit my needs - is that how the Owls Nest is ?

I assume it's a pretty robust extension - it will need to carry a load of around 50lbs allowing for the mount and scope.

If anyone can provide some info on the "Owls Nest" that would be very helpful. Any photos would be brilliant as well  :smiley:

Thanks  :smiley:

Archived