NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can't find what I'm looking for

Hargo

Guess you want tube rings as about half way down the first page, look at the Astro Professional offerings.

TS Tube Rings

Think you will need a suitable dovetail to go between the rings and the camera.

The AP ones look as if they will do it and are the least costly, I think.

If you are looking to put a 150 reflector and camera what is the load capacity of your mount? Anything with the number "1" makes me suspect it is not overly substantial.

Does one of the tube rings have a camera attachment? I used a Manfrotto ball head on my scope's tube ring. It worked a treat.

I've also got one of these collars i've not used yet, to support my 200mm lens. I think they're easy to attach but I can't say how until I get home and try it. I got mine from eBay but I can't access the site at work to give to a link!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=canon+lens+collar&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=28719673088&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=323664497531044547&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1cofxy6qj1_b

Alexxx

From what I could see you would put tube rings round the OTA, then attach a bar to the tube(s) ring via the alan screws that are shown as being on the upper flat surface and attach the camera via the standard tripod screw to that bar.

I would say you still need the rings and bar with the Canon Lens collar as the lens collar needs a bar to be screwed to. So same bits plus the lens collar.

Seems the AP offerings are not big enough so would have to consider others that are more costly.

Archived