NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PiPP & AVCHD Files.

NIGHTBOY

I'll you around 5 this evening :)

I also shot 4 seperate video clips of the moon last night with my cannon dslr. Imported all this clips into my video editing software then rendered them in AVI (so it was one continuous clip, then tried to import that into pipp and it wouldn't let me ?

I'll you around 5 this evening :)

I also shot 4 seperate video clips of the moon last night with my cannon dslr. Imported all this clips into my video editing software then rendered them in AVI (so it was one continuous clip, then tried to import that into pipp and it wouldn't let me ?

I am always interested in AVI files that PIPP will not handle, so would like to get hold of that too if possible!

You can get PIPP to join multiple video files (or even just treat them as if they were joined) by selecting 'Multiple Source Files->Join Mode' on the 'Source Files' tab.

Cheers,

Chris

Ahh great chris thanks, I thought there must be away. Ill pm you when I'm home (around 5) and get a avchd clip sent over to you. Would a avchd clip be better quality?? Though I suppose it all gets rendered into avi after pipp so I don't know??

I think AVCHD is just mpeg-4 encoded, which uses lossy compression.  So a raw AVI file (or an AVI file with using lossless compression codec) would actually be the best quality.

Though if you are imaging with video from a DSLR I don't think you can avoid the lossy compression.

I tried some images shot in raw but I couldn't even view them on my computer!

I can render video clips in pretty much any format with the software I have, be it avi, mp4, avchd etc etc. I'd like to convert avchd tho as I have a camera that shoots in 1920 1080 50p

Or even better just import the files straight off the sd card into pipp

The overall aim if for PIPP to support whatever formats users want to use, though obviously this is not always possible.  What format are the files in on the sd card?

Archived