Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5L-ii Drivers

Jammy

Has anybody else had trouble with the QHY5L-ii drivers?  I've been trying to get the drivers to install and start working since last weekend - it's driving me potty now!

My desktop pc and laptop both run windows xp media edition, they're both up-to-date, but the drivers only work on one of them.  You guessed it - the desktop pc  :mad:

Desktop pc - Device manager shows both drivers QHY5II_A and QHY5II_B when 'show hidden drivers' is selected (even without the camera plugged in) on the desktop pc and the camera works perfectly with Sharpcap, EZPlanetary and PHD guiding through the ASCOM driver.

Laptop - Device manager shows only driver QHY5II_B, and only if the camera is plugged in on the laptop.  None of the software applications work.  Only  Sharpcap recognises the camera, but if you select it, it doesn't respond and is removed from the camera list when you look again.

System information on the laptop shows both drivers on the laptop, but driver QHY5II_A is showing as 'stopped'.  Is there any way of manually starting drivers in xp?

I've searched the internet without luck.

I've installed and uninstalled in turn both high performance, and high compatibility drivers from the QHYCCD website and they both have the same result.

I've done a full system reinstall twice on the laptop and I get the same results.

I might have to resolve this by defenestrating the laptop  :grin:

I had a pain in the Bottom getting mine to hook up to my laptop or desktop. No one knew of a solution in any forum. I had to contact their Customer Service and have someone get remote access to my laptop and he setup everything for me. He was all over the place. Didn't look like he knew what was the problem and was just trying random stuff. So I couldn't follow what he was doing and sure as hell dont remember what I could follow as it was almost a year now. But after about an I think was an hour he got it up and running. Haven't had a problem since. Works like a charm everytime. I can post pics of what I have it all connected through it get it started when I get home if you want.

Thanks for the reply.  The customer support website does look a bit random, that's why I thought I'd try the good people of SGL first.

I just find it odd that it works on one, and not the other.  And since I've typed the initial post out, driver A is showing now in device manager, but it says it's disconnected, when it isn't.

Least it's now showing - it's not done that before.

I'll contact QHY support, see if they can help.  Thanks again.

Having read a couple of forum posts about conflicts between the QHY5L-ii and other USB devices - I thought I'd try removing my other USB devices and it seems to have resolved my problem.

I had a wireless USB network adapter plugged into laptop, I've now removed it and uninstalled the drivers - this seems to have worked.

The camera now works with PHD Guiding, and EZPanetary.  I did try the camera with Sharpcap 2.0, but it's still not happy.  I'll have to learn how to use EZPlanetary and use that instead of Sharpcap.

I just thought I'd post this to let people know how I resolved the issue.  Has anyone on here had USB conflict issues?

Archived