NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 2264 - The Cone Nebula. Now THATS dark...

Hmm... What kind of scopes did you use? and what focal length? I dont have any experience with the losmandy plates.....

If the focal length was fairly short, say 500mm and 600mm like in my setup, the two scopes should be looking at pretty much the same area of the sky.

When I look at my guide-scope screen, I can clearly see that the scope view is offset to the left of the view of my actual imaging camera...

Was your guiding scope piggy-backed on the main scope, or side-by-side like with mine?

sidebyside.jpg

I had it side by side like in your picture (its now piggy backed and I have no problems). My losmandy plate was slightly wider than yours and I think the the main problem.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had it side by side like in your picture (its now piggy backed and I have no problems). My losmandy plate was slightly wider than yours and I think the the main problem.

Yeah, you wanna keep'em tight together... As long as they look at approximately the same area of sky, and doesnt flex like hell - it should be all good. ;)

Archived