NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ADM Max Guider Saddle experience, anyone?

ollypenrice

Here's the beast; http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adm-guidescope-rings-and-systems/adm-max-guider-guidescope-saddle.html

I don't want it for a guidescope since I never need to move my guidescope anyway. Tom and I want something to carry one of the two Tak FSQ106Ns that we'll be mounting on an EQ8. It will allow us to get the two scopes perfectly aligned. Guide rings are out. I tried that with the Baby Q, much smaller, and it was hopelessly unstable. So my question to anyone who knows this device is, 'Will it carry an FSQ106N?'  These are the biggest 4 inch scopes ever made, with massive mechanical structure and four lens elements.

Before retiring Robin Cassady made a giant version. I have one here belonging to Yves but he doesn't want to part with it. The Cassady would laugh at the task but if we don't find a used one we need an alternative.

Other ideas more than welcome!

Olly

No prob mate :)   Hmmm two FSQs? Getting identical cameras?

We already have them. Tom and I both have Atik 11000s. These were what we used to catch 11 hours of Flaming Star in one night with a recent guest. At the moment they are both on their own Tak mounts which makes for a lot of running around for me. On one mount they'll be fantastic. We're also awaiting a second EFW2 since, at present, Tom uses a wheel with handset. This means the capture screens in Artemis, and the general workflow, are entirely different and this has 'mistakes' written all over it, so we aim to have a totally coherent and idiot proof system which even I can't mess up!

Inevitably we are now ruminating about three, of course!!!

Olly

Archived