NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New eyepieces for Bresser Linear 8x56 binocular?

NobodyReally

I've recently got hold of a Bresser 8x56 binocular that has what, at first sight, what appeared to a pair of dirty eyepieces (objectives look OK). However, cleaning didn't make any difference. A closer look gave the impression that the eyepieces may have been previously removed, so I took the left ocular off. This revealed a two part lens system, the first (nearest eye) of which was responsible for the 'dirty' look. Inspection showed that the haze was internal to the lens and I'm guessing, therefore, that it is a composite lens and moisture has entered between a pair of the elements (there's no obvious sign of a join, though).

Is it possible to repair such eyepieces? If not, are spare eyepieces available (preferably from a UK source)? Or is it simply better to forget it, say, reuse the objectives to make better finders for my scopes or adapt the binocular to use standard 1.25 EPs (has anybody done this?)?

Thanks in advance.

Archived