NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with Scope Set Up - Skywatcher Heritage

Hi all, I'm having some issues. I was using a table for my Heritage Scope, but it was impractical with a bad back so I made a jig for a tripod. The size was right, but obviously I'm getting wobble. Any ideas out there for something I could put my scope on that will allow me to alter the height and not too heavy? Alternatively is there a 'Newtonian' modifiction you can get to use with a mount? Finally is there any mounts out there I could attach my newtonian to? Any guidance would be very gratefully recieved. Clear Skies.

Any mount with a Vixen style clamp should work such as the GSO ATZ, Skywatcher AZ4 and Vixen Porta II to name a few. There are more options out there of course. I think Nick (cotterless45) modified an old EQ3 tripod or something similar a while back to use with the Heritage and still be able to keep the alt az dob base on it. Please correct me if I'm wrong there.

Archived