NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TS-Optics 200/1000 f/5 Newtonian Parabolic - 2" Dual Speed Crayford

haroonxml..........Hi. the TS branded version looks just like  other popular 8" scopes that are available on the market.  However, Its over in Europe, so the ££`s are going to rise if you pay import taxes. The scope will require a sturdy tripod, so factor-in the same amount again, and the list goes on. I live  further North than you and recently invested in the Skywatcher `Skyliner` 200P with the Dobsonian mount. You wont go wrong with one of those. You may even get Free delivery, as your still UK mainland, although I only paid a tenner for delivery.

TS are in Germany, they are part of the EU, we are part of the EU, there is no tax for import within Europe.

TS seem to have close ties with GSO and as they make mirrors and reflectors. Looked at the GSO site and they have a 6" F/5 mentioned but nothing else, equally the site seems to not display quite right.

Actually the one that is in your link is the GSO scope if you look at the TS web site direct, it is listed under GSO not under TS. The TS cost is 299 Euro which comes out to £20 less then the ebay cost (todays exchange rate is 1.16). You will have to check any shipping costs, but the ebay one adds another £15 for that as well. I have noticed that the overall cost is often different even though it is the same supplier. May not save much but it could be the cost of an inexpensive plossl, maybe even a collimator.

TSLink

Archived