NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need help to ugrade

Hi everyone!

I need help mainly to decide what to buy.

• I´m looking for a new mount, NEQ6 or AZ EQ6.
  • Want to upgrade my SW 200/1000 f5 Newtonian, with maybe TS 2" coma corrector (and really I'm lost around tube extentions etc!), and new focuser (that is mandatory as it has the rack and pinnion one!) Well that seems to be the most dificult decision as I don´t want do drill new holes in the tube (IN THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE, I NEED A LOT HELP POSSIBLE!) :( But I want to get started with na EOS in DSO
  • Autoguide with ALCCD5-II (from QHY I think), maybe with a 50/400 guide scope, I like the TS offer also. But with a guider scope would be a good idea I think
  • An Geoptik side-by-side mount, besides looking good I feel to be a really good investment.

For now it´s about that, I hope you can help

Thanks,

Filipe

Thanks for the reply nm,

Why you think I definately want NEQ6, I was thinking investing in something that seems more strong build, and allows good visual-only nights, but my priority is AP.

Regarding the focuser, Crawford focuser, are you refering to SW one that fits exactly on the original screw holes?

The Moonlite (CR2 I think) really seems top quality for that price range, but maybe I don´t know how to look properly as a beginner... and seems to me they won´t fit EXACTLY in the original holes... this is stated is this DIY review (link below) "Fitting the unit to my Sky-Watcher 200 proved nigglesome more than difficult. The Moonlites fittings didn't quite match perfectly to the holes left behind by the Sky-Watcher unit which required me to file two of the holes out to a slightly larger size. "

http://www.astro-baby.com/reviews/moonlite_focuser_review/moonlite_focuser_review.htm

I see you have a QHY5-II mono, it seems to me a good choice, are you getting good guidance with it? And have you ever heard about an adaptor to fit SW finders and, it seems, can be used to autoguide? It would be cheap for me: https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p4520_Parfocal-adaption-for-Lacerta-Autoguider-M-Gen-to-9x50-finder.HTML  will this really work?

Archived