NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron powerhouse

Hi I am new to astronomy just bought a celestron powerhouse 50az but just can't seem to find any stars through it. Is this just because it's a cheap telescope or am I doing something wrong? I've found objects through the finder scope but nothing appears through the main scope. Should I just save up for a better one and sell the celestron?

Any advice/help would be brilliant, thanks for reading :)

Are you sure it's not a "Powerseeker" ? I can't find a "Powerhouse" telescope online in Celestron's range.....

Also - what eyepiece(s) do you have with this scope? And do you know the focal length? Are you sure it's focused correctly? I might be able to help if you could be a little more specific. Initially I'd suggest trying it on the moon at night or on a very distant object by day. It's often better to try it out in daylight before going out at night where everything is a little more involved. :)

Yes it's the powerseeker sorry. It's focal length is 600mm and aperture is 50mm. It has a 20mm, 12mm and 4mm eyepiece which can be used with a 3x Barlow lens. I have managed to look at the moon in some detail so may be that I'm just not great at finding smaller things yet. I set it up according to instructions, maybe fiddling with the finding scope during the day would be best? Thanks for ur replies

Archived