My solitary capture and Milky Way

I went out to try and capture a couple of meteors on Monday night. I managed two with this one being the best. I thought I had got four or five more but I now think my ISO setting of 800 was too low, any tips are welcomed. It is a single 3 minute frame with the Double Cluster close to the center.

post-13491-0-28408900-1376494627_thumb.j

After trying the previous area of sky for 45 mins I moved up to the zenith and was able to stack 8 x 3 mins without getting a bad gradient from the LP but the meteors were just not bright enough though I am pleased with this one when I stand back from the screen, even with the tree.. :)

post-13491-0-26560000-1376496935_thumb.j

I prefer the first image. I think You managed to get m31 in there! I think your ISO @ 800 is about right for a good noise to signal ratio. What camera, lens ect did you use?

The lens was the stock 18-55mm canon.

The second one is badly processed and I'm rubbish at doing it but I was pleased to get some kind of structure in an image for the first time.

My first effort was this one but I really am way out of my depth with image processing.

post-13491-0-17490900-1376519320_thumb.j

Archived