Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starlight xpress h35

Good morning all,

Wonder if someone can help...

I have a sx h35 CCD . Would anyone know the distance from the plastic transparent cover ontop of the sensor to the sensor itself please?

I'm trying to calculate the correct distance to chip but don't know the exact distance between the chip and this protective cover.

Thank you

Chip used in the H35 is a Kodak KAI-11002 (Kodak imaging division is now known as Truesense imaging inc).

The data sheet showing top of glass to top of die distance distance can be downloaded here:

KAI-11002 Datasheet

And the dimensional data is on page 37 /38.

The above document is in PDF format so you will need Adobe Reader to open it.

Adobe Reader can be downloaded here:

http://get.adobe.com.../otherversions/

If the above document link does not work then go to this page and look for the data sheet link, top right below the picture of the chip.

http://www.truesense...cd/42-KAI-11002

I think the distance is 1.4mm but urge you check the data sheet yourself as I couldn't decide whether the dimensions were in inches or millimetres, the mechanical dimensions given seem to flip between inches, millimetres and microns depending what was being referred to!

Hope this helps

William.

I think you may mean the camera's chip distance, though? That's the distance from the front flange to the chip itself. This is the distance to which you have to add the filterwheel, OAG if used, and any adapters, when setting up the system.

This really should be on the SX spec page for the camera, but it isn't so far as I can see. After all, anybody using a flattener is going to need this distance. SX will respond very quickly to emails, however.

Olly

Thanks guys.... Gonna have to check with SX directly since I can't find the answer anywhere... I really don't wanna get a shorter or longer adaptor...

Thanks for your help. Will post the reply onto here for future reference

Jason

Archived