NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Double Cluster Widefield

OXO

Well some how i managed to take what i personally think is a really nice widefield shot of the Double Cluster... :shock: :)

Started out by aligning the scope to drift align took about 3 mins to get it ok, the clouds were flying past at speed but there was enough gaps in them to observe and image the cluster for an hour. So on to viewing and it look splendid even though clouds were about the place.

Next to imaging it the coolpix remote packed up so i was left with 8sec's max exp's not giving up i managed 16x 8sec's in between the clouds before total cloud cover.

Loaded up the images half heartedly in registax stacked them and was amazed by how little much the noise was. Unsharp masked the final image in registax lowered the red channel a little and wham my fav pic of the cluster was on screen(That i have done).

The 40mm ep did me proud so happy with the result and how widefield it is with the ST102 Scope.

Oh and to top thing's off i seen a fantastic Meteor/Fireball cross the sky between M31 and the Double Cluster about Mag 0.9 or brighter.

9849double_cluster.jpg

Sorry the image is bigger than normal but it really needed to be seen at this size(Astroman)

James :)

9849m31wide-med.jpg

M31,M32 and M110 Can be seen in this not so great image from last night again i do like the FOV the ST102 provides with a 40mm ep this image was cropped a little too.

M32 Mag 10 is an interesting object in that some people have said it may have a Black Hole in it :?: .

M110 is fairly faint in this image and typically shows no detail just a faint oval blur then again it is classed as a "dwarf spheriod"..

James

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you maybe interested to know that my latest Astro Art image used the Perseus Double Cluster Image as a Background to my Pic below :)

image.jpg Thought i would try something differant :) 8)

James

Archived