Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first three attemps at Saturn back in June and Friday night's Wave at Saturn event

strinjf

Having only had my SW150P a few weeks, I was desperate to capture images of the brighter objects I observed, and managed to get a brand new SPC900 webcam at a not too unreasonable price !

Here are my first three attemps to image Saturn in the early part of June

9044186814_dfcbe08ae8_o.png

Saturn progress by jonnostringer, on Flickr

The first image was marred by some very bad aboration, which I resolved soon after.

Encouraged by the progress I'd made, I next created a composite image of Saturn and the main moons.

9104784210_633b0a780d_o.png

Saturn+moons June 21 2013 edit by jonnostringer, on Flickr

This image only shows 5 moons marked, but afterwards, I realised I had also captured Iapetus as well !

Then last Friday the Wave at Saturn night when the Cassini probe was taking images looking back at Earth, I thought it would be nice to capture Saturn once more while we were having our picture taken from nigh on 900 million miles away!

9332398453_f51b41affb_o.png

Capture 19_07_2013 22_27_23b by jonnostringer, on Flickr

not as good as the best images from June, but 'tis really the end of Saturn season now but a nice way to mark the occasion.

Thanks for looking !

Archived