Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem deBayering with Maxim DL and Nikon D80

Hi,

I am taking photos with a Nikon D80 through a 6" reflector, and processing the Nikon Raw files in Maxim DL, but am having a problem deBayering the photos, resulting in a heavy red colour cast.

I am loading the raw .NEF files without colour conversion (so appearing black&white and checkerboarded) and calibrating them with darks with no problems. However, when I do ‘convert color’ to deBayer them, I get a resulting image which has a heavy red colour-cast to it.

I can select my model of camera from the dropdown box in the Convert Color dialogue (it’s a Nikon D80) which defaults the offsets to zero and the scalings each to 100%, and have the background settings on auto. The offsets look right, since I tried them on a daytime photo, and every other setting makes it looks awful. I’m wondering though if the scalings should be different – any ideas how I can find out what they should be ?

Cheers,

Stuart

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glowingturnip

Archived