Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flea3 GigE & SBIG Drivers for Mac Book Pro

Hi

For those who are regulers at Cloudy nights, you might have seen my post there too.

I have Flea3 GigE and SBIG STF-8300. I want to connect them to Mac Book Pro running OS X Mountain Lion. The Mac book does not have an Ethernet port. I need to use a thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter.

Request your help on the required software/drivers for Flea 3 GigE camera to connect to mac book pro. Same applies to SBIG STF-8300

Thanks.

I got the answers from SBIG and PGR for the above question. Posting the same so that if someone has a similar set up they have the answers.

PGR Flea3 GigE: No drivers available for Macbook/OS X. One should use bootcamp (for dual boot) and install Windows to use the GigE drivers. Basically one has to use the macbook as a windows laptop to use Flea3 GigE device. Unfortunate that one of the best imaging devices does not talk to a robust OS/laptop available today :(

SBIG: SBIG has the drivers and software available for OS X. SBIG advices to specify the OS one plans to use the camera with so that the appropriate software could be sent with the camera.

Thanks.

Archived