Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cape and motor focuser

beamish

Following a thread re modding focusers using the SW autofocuser a few months back,there were some very helpful tips and pictures I decided to chance it. Okay it's not much of a DIY project, but I'm really pleased. My missus bought me a SW autofocuser for me b'day a while back. Today Iset to work on cobbling a way of making it work with the cape crayford. Bought some 4mm quality steel rod from a h/ware store cut it to length and then put an M4 thread at one end, then screwed on 4M nuts. This end then fitted neatly into sheath /coupler of the motor the other I simply altered a little to take the set screw from the focuser knob. the whole kit was then assembled onto the focuser and the bracket was then kept in place using some "cut to length" jubilee strip and screwset around the body of the OTA. Works an absolute treat-no more need to touch the focuser and get those irritating wobbles .

So thanks guys for your help !!

Karlo

Archived