NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meridian flip with a HEQ5 pro ?

I don't have a lot of sky from my backyard ,so it's time for me to learn the art of meridian flip...Can someone help me with that please ???

Do I have to turn my camera 180 degree ,and if yes what happens with the flats since I move the camera ???

Thank you for helping me !

Maxx

You dont need to worry about your flats.

When you calibrate an image your software should automatically detect that the image needs to be rotated for the stacking, all subs will be fully calibrated before this, Alignment is the last step before it stacks, only after all calibration steps are performed does alignment occur.

You dont need to worry about your flats.

When you calibrate an image your software should automatically detect that the image needs to be rotated for the stacking, all subs will be fully calibrated before this, Alignment is the last step before it stacks, only after all calibration steps are performed does alignment occur.

Thanks Earl ! But how do I make my mount do change side ???

EQMod can do it but id read this

http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net/faqs/flips.html

Might not be the best solution.

You would ideally need a plate solved tweak to get it back into frame to match the same area if the Goto is not spot on.

Its probably safe to go over the meridian for an hour or so, the only way to find out is try it and see how you get on

EQMod can do it but id read this

http://eq-mod.source...faqs/flips.html

Might not be the best solution.

You would ideally need a plate solved tweak to get it back into frame to match the same area if the Goto is not spot on.

Its probably safe to go over the meridian for an hour or so, the only way to find out is try it and see how you get on

I will try that and read about EQ-mod...Thanks !

Archived