Same old star detection DSS issue

Well I wrote out a nice long description of the issue I was having and I.E. locked up, so aggrovated....

So now here is the short version.

I have read all the posts I could find about star detection in DSS and nothing has worked. I have adjusted the threshold all the way down to 2% and still no luck.

I took roughly 17 light frames on a NIkon D800

30 second exposure

ISO 1000

No matter what setting I have attempted to change I get 0 as a result. It must either be my settings or a crappy picture. :)

Imaged through a Stellarvue 90MM Raptor on a CGEM DX mount

Not sure what other info is required. Attached is a sample image.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

FYI, this was my very first attempt at imaging. That is why I took so few photos. I wanted to make sure I was on the right track before I wasted hours on something that would not work.

Adam

post-30404-0-31998700-1367548149_thumb.j

DSS should be able to find some stars in that picture. Try the default settings (maybe remove and reload DSS to get them). Did you remember to "check" all your pictures - your "lights" - if not then DSS won't see anything?

Try going to Settings > Raw/FITS DPP Settings, and raise the 'Brightness' from 1.000 to something like 1000. That's worked for me in the past.

By the way, also try and take some flats to remove the vignetting.

Archived