NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81-82, 51 and my first try at LRGB of Saturn

Hi,

After a week long of rain and bad weather, a couple of nights ago I tried to put in as much as I could. These are all firsts for me so please don't be too harsh, the LRGB of Saturn was taken last night at 1.30 am and I found the focusing with filters almost impossible.The image is also very dim and I had to push the camera to its limit I also seem to have lost the Cassini division during the processing somehow.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-18951800-1367160625_thumb.j

post-28808-0-07201700-1367160667_thumb.j

post-28808-0-00945000-1367160694_thumb.j

Hi,

After a week long of rain and bad weather, a couple of nights ago I tried to put in as much as I could. These are all firsts for me so please don't be too harsh, the LRGB of Saturn was taken last night at 1.30 am and I found the focusing with filters almost impossible.The image is also very dim and I had to push the camera to its limit I also seem to have lost the Cassini division during the processing somehow.

Regards,

A.G

Well I will be pleased just to be able to focus in that close when I unpack my first telescope this coming week. To me they look great.... Great shot of Saturn for me especially - Does it always have a green tinge, or is that due to a green filter?

Well I will be pleased just to be able to focus in that close when I unpack my first telescope this coming week. To me they look great.... Great shot of Saturn for me especially - Does it always have a green tinge, or is that due to a green filter?

Hi,

Many thanks for the comment, the green- cyan tinge is not suppose to be there as the rings are neutral seen from the Earth I believe but I did not process them out , I will have another go at reprocessing but I don't think I have enough headroom for the noise not to be intrusive. This RGB one from a couple of nights ago looks a bit more natural at least to me.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-90582200-1367161884_thumb.j

Hi,

Many thanks for the comment, the green- cyan tinge is not suppose to be there as the rings are neutral seen from the Earth I believe but I did not process them out , I will have another go at reprocessing but I don't think I have enough headroom for the noise not to be intrusive. This RGB one from a couple of nights ago looks a bit more natural at least to me.

Regards,

A.G

I am really getting quite excited at the prospect of being able to see some of the nights delights in real time this week (Hope I can get some where near to your shots). Have a feeling I am either going to be blown away, ...or the dummy in me with take 2 weeks to work out how to set up.... :grin: .

Well, I quite like Saturn with it's green tinge there... not sure why - might be a 'Northern lights' thing ..... :rolleyes:

I'm deep sky rather than planetary but don't the planetary experts use red, sometimes, as the luminance channel? It's the longest of the wavelengths so the least disturbed by the seeing. You can use the same idea on the moon, using red or even Ha presented in monochrome.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2277139556&k=FGgG233

I'm deep sky rather than planetary but don't the planetary experts use red, sometimes, as the luminance channel? It's the longest of the wavelengths so the least disturbed by the seeing. You can use the same idea on the moon, using red or even Ha presented in monochrome.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.s...39556&k=FGgG233

Good afternoon Olly,

I guess that I have a lot learn. Many thanks to all for your replies.

Regards,

A.G

Archived