Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" 0.5x Antares focal reducer!

PARTY MARTY

I had this idea for some time, just never thought to ask this, which I have a feeling that this might be a stupid question, but I've been pondering on the subject!

I've had this idea, that you can get a serprate Antares 0.5x focal reducer, can you combine it with a normal field flattener, to enable you have a cheaper Focal reducer and field flattener together!

I've actually got a 0.8x focal reducer and flattener for my 80mm ED Lunt refractor, but it only reduces the focal ratio down to F 5.5, however you just cannot find anything smaller than 0.8x. This is when I thought that the 0.5x focal reducer might work?

if some one knows that this method works, than I could possibly achieve F 3.5 which is incredibly fast for imaging! And might be very useful when imaging very large DSO targets like the North American Nebula and the Andromenda Galaxy!

However if anyone as tried it, please tell me if it works or not? :huh:

It sounds a stupid question but it would be very interesting to know if such idea might work? :laugh:

Archived