Bargain Bins?

majapala

I tried the Lidl bins, see my posts in the other threads in this forum. Sadly, the build quality I'm sure is not the same as recent years and I have had to take the Lidl ones back.

Here's a quick test for the Lidls:

With your finger, press down on the eye piece bridge at each side and see if there is any flex. If there is, it's not very useful for star gazing as you won't be able to focus easily as the eyepieces will move as you put the binocular to your head. On the pair I had, there was significant flex on the bridge which made focusing near impossible. Even focusing with just one eye was hard as stars just weren't a single point of light, more a star / cross shape.

Anyway, if you do get a good pair, it certainly would be a bargain, though for not much more you can get a better pair of Strathspey, Olympus or Helios bins which will perform much better. Try to compare them if you can.

However, all the best with whatever bins you do get I wish you Clear Skies and much enjoyment!

Best Regards,

Vent

Archived