Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

10 x 50 monocular

I have seen 10 x 50 monocular's for sale.Similar specification with different manufacturer's nanmes such a Helios,Visionary,Barr & Stroud and Hawke.Has anybody owned a set?I can only imagine that there are essentially the same item with different badges.I wonder what sort of seeing they would give?

I have one good eye and one poor so telescopes and monoculars suite me rather than binoculars.

Thanks,

Martin. :undecided: :undecided:

Martin.

I own a 10x something monocular, convenient for carrying round and keeping in a pocket for "emergency" use.

The set I bought was cheap and when I first used them they were poor, lots of flare etc. I eventually (next day) pulled them apart and flocked and blackened anything that looked like it needed it, then reassembled. They were a lot better after that.

If I were to get another set (hopefully with better optics) then I think I would look for something along the 6x size not 10x.

Archived