Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Revelation Superfocus R&P focuser for SN10

As has been already mentioned, this focuser looks interesting. It seems to have the best of Rack and Pinion design with the duel speed fine focus control of good quality Crayfords. And all things considered, it's priced neatly in between their and other similar makes of Crayford design and a Moonlite.

However, if I wanted to mount one on my Meade LXD55 SN10 scope, I would have to drill new holes and this worries me for several reasons:

1) Unless the holes are drilled well away from the original holes, aren't they likely to compromise the integrity of the OTA?

2) How secure would the Revelation Superfocuser be with nearby or enlarged holes in the OTA, especially if I use heavy eyepieces or perhaps imaging equipment?

3) How would this all affect the position, centering and alignment of the secondary mirror, which is located in the center of the corrector lens and which have to be spot on so as not to degrade image quality?

4) Once done, if I ever wanted to re install the original focuser and sell the scope, wouldn't that cause a similar problem?

Have I missed or over exaggerated anything, or am I worrying unduly?

Archived