Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

nice to see saturn last night

tenbyfifty

I went out about 8 and came in just before midnight. It was the first time for a while so I set up in the front of my house facing west so I could get a view of orion as it won't be around for much longer. I had a good look at the clusters in Auriga, M3, several doubles and a few galaxies towards the end. The one thing that sticks in my mind though is a double star called Cor Caroli that I'd never seen before. I thought that was stunning.

Despite several layers of clothing I was too cold to move everything to get a view of Saturn towards the end of the evening, despite my brother on the phone telling me what a great view of it he had! It was a good evening nevertheless but next time i'll have a look at the great planet. :smiley:

Picked up Cor Caroli double last night on this tip, cheers. Its is a rather pleasant double as you say. I usually just use Cor Caroli as a sign post to find galaxies near it and M3. Nice to give it some attention at the eyepiece last night for a change :) I even went and gave Polaris a quick glance as that is probably ignored as a double quite often as well!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived