Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problems with SkyFi and HEQ5 SynScan

I'm stuck and need some help.

This week I received a my HEQ5 Pro with GSO 8" RC reflector. I mounted everything and it works like a charm. Using the 3-star alignment is straightforward, and the SynScan works fine in finding the different objects.

However, I have acquired a SkyFi Communication Kit, and have difficulty making it work with my HEQ5 mount.

The SkyFi connects fine with my home WiFi, and I can get a connection between SkySafari on my iPhone and the SkyFi unit, but the SkyFi unit cannot connect with the mount.

I have gone through the troubleshooting, and checked that all the connections are correct. I have connected the SkyFi to the hand controller, as specified... and I have also made the 3-star alignment.

I have tried several permutations, turning on the SkyFi, the HEQ5, and doing the alignment without results. I also tried connecting directly between the SkyFi and the iPhone (not through my home WiFi).

There are several possible permutations in the telescope settings in SkySafari (iPhone), and I have tried all the SynScan / mount combinations, and also Celestron for good measure. Nothing helps.

SynScan Version on my mount is 3.27, so that should be okay too, as far as I can see.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

All help is much appreciated.

I found the culprit... it was a faulty cable. Once replaced, all worked perfectly.

Great and quick support from SoutherStars, and an all-together fabulous product.

Archived