NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

possible binocular buy

ramstar

Decided I was missing something so have decided to buy my first decent pair of binoculars.

I can go up to approx £150 and was thinkingabout the Opticron 8 x 42 Imagic. any thoughts or opinions on these orsuggested alternatives please?

Hi

The Opticron 8x42 TGA WP Made in Japan that are around that price + I believe

Nitrogen waterproof BAK4 prisms and fully multi-coated optics all air-glass surfaces long eyerelief for spectacle wearers the only thing I would ask you

is are these for the night sky ? these binoculars are in my opinion great for bird watching and a quick scan of the skies they will not let you see the Moons of Jupiter for instance unless you are in dark skies area I would have the 10x50 in the same make I do have a large pair of bins in that make 15x80 and are amazing binoculars but they need a tripod, really worth saving up for

any questions please ask

Doug

Thanks for the advice - they would be for sky rather than bird watching.. I'm very much a newcomer to all this - the price differential is just a few quid but would a change from 8x42 to the 10x50 really make that much of a difference? Also I prefer to be 'hands on' with them rather than mount them on a tripod.

Another pair I was l considering are the Pentax PCF WP 11

Hi

the difference between a 8x42 light wieght Pentax 10x50 PCF WP11 34.2oz so just over 2lb in wieght but i'm sure most guys use 10x50 as 10x is the magnification and 50mm is the light gathering so

you get more light through

I would still say that the Opticrions are good value for the money for piece of mind go to cloudynight and look for Pentax binoculars review this will tell you more then let me kmow what you think

Doug

Thanks for the advice - they would be for sky rather than bird watching.. I'm very much a newcomer to all this - the price differential is just a few quid but would a change from 8x42 to the 10x50 really make that much of a difference? Also I prefer to be 'hands on' with them rather than mount them on a tripod.

Another pair I was l considering are the Pentax PCF WP 11

Hi Ramstar

Did you read the private message I sent you ?

Archived