NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where to go?

Hi all!,

Quick question. Me, the other half and our 2 year old are looking to go on a family holiday in July and im hoping to tie it in with stargazing. Are there any star parties anywhere in the UK in July? or are there any nice dark skies which the surrounding areas is good for family entertainment during the day....or am i asking to much :huh:

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks fellow star gazers!

Clear skies!

• 2 months later...

Not many around in July as the skies do not really get dark, even at 10:30 the sky is still fairly light soyou might get a couple of hours from midnight to 2:00.

If you were going in August there is the SW Astro fair at Sidmouth, not exactly a star party however. Someone at Sidmouth may know of something on, however I would doubt you will find anything significant simplt owing to the long hours of daylight.

If you were heading North not South then the nights are even shorter and by the time you are up aound Northumberland you get no real night time.for a month or so.

Best real option is to go through the FAS site and check all the registered clubs in the area you are heading to. Many will not meet for Jusly and August but one may mention an event.

Archived