NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with DSLR adapeter!?

Azure

I recently bought a couple of items from FLO, namely a T adapter and a T ring to attach my Sony Alpha a57 DSLR to my telescope (SW 200p)

The T adapter works fine - it screws in perfectly in place of the EP holder.

However, the T ring doesn't appear to fit with either the T adapter or my camera. When I bought it, I made sure to choose the T ring labelled 'Sony Alpha', and on the receipt it says T ring 'Sony Alpha'. So why are they not fitting? The T ring appears to be too small for either the camera or the T adapter. Am I doing something wrong?

I recently bought a couple of items from FLO, namely a T adapter and a T ring to attach my Sony Alpha a57 DSLR to my telescope (SW 200p)

The T adapter works fine - it screws in perfectly in place of the EP holder.

However, the T ring doesn't appear to fit with either the T adapter or my camera. When I bought it, I made sure to choose the T ring labelled 'Sony Alpha', and on the receipt it says T ring 'Sony Alpha'. So why are they not fitting? The T ring appears to be too small for either the camera or the T adapter. Am I doing something wrong?

Does your T-ring not just screw directly onto your focuser when you remove the eyepiece holder? As for fitting the camera itself I cant really comment. Maybe speak to FLO on the off-chance a wrong one was picked up off the shelf, they are very helpful when you have a problem.

Ahh thanks I see - I've figured part of it out - the ring does screw onto the scope when the eyepiece holder is removed. So that part is fine.

However, the camera is still incompatible with the T ring. I'll give FLO a call and see if they can help.

Archived