Frustration setting in.......

Jandy100

Hi All,

Not posted for a while but still scan readign to see what's the latest chat. This winter for one reason or another has been such a huge disappointment for observing (eg. weather, work or both most of the time). I currently have a Evostar 120 on an EQ5 and setting up can take best part of 30 - 45 mins.

With the limited opportunities I have been having as late I am really tempted to get a Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian for those times when time is limited & so I can grab and go when the I get the chance.

Is is a sound idea or madness in the making. I have a good set of eyepieces which might go well with it as a 2nd scope.

Any comments or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Andy - Milton Keynes

I did see that Telescope House are offering 20 x 80 Revelation binoculars on a horizon tripd fro under £150. I am bit sceptical on this as never heard of Horizon tripods & need to research reviews on how good the Revelation 20 x 80 binoculars will be.

I know how you feel in a way, however my Heritage is as about grab-and-go as it gets. Set up and ready for observing with eyepieces and laptop (that I use to make my scope push-to) in 5 minutes. Not including collimation, I do that when I'm inside :D. It's only 7kg so is very light too.

Archived