Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sets of photos for stacking and processing practice.

cp255

Over the last month I have been building a website from which most of my astrophotography data can be downloaded. I have seen threads about people looking for raw data to practice on, and this is where I got the idea from. For each object I have included all of my lights, darks, flats, and dark flats which can be directly downloaded in a ZIP file. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

http://www.rawastrodata.com

Very kind of you, when I was starting out I was searching everywhere for this type of data and wasn't very successful.

What may be useful is to also add one of the best lights/subs from each set so that people don't have to download the entire set, but get an idea of what a RAW sub looks like.

Maybe upload the autosave.tif? I don't know what the point of downloading one raw frame is.

Nope, 1 single RAW was what I was looking for (okay it may have just been me). This is along with the data you have already providing of course, not to replace it. What you are providing is more valuable, as it is the complete unadulterated data set, it is rather large though, probably not really an issue these days with broadband. But if I wanted to see what your a typical sub looked like for all of your targets, I would be downloading for ages.

The reason I wanted one single sub was to see what one actually "looked" like for a specific resultant processed image. To see what type of detail/nebulosity was available in a single sub, what the edge stars looked like before stacking, what the histogram looked like, what the colour looked like, what focus was like, any star trailing etc.

Once you can get your own individual subs the same as someone else's and you have got the same amount of data, you should be able to process it to be the same level in time.

I'll see about that. Should the stub be converted to a JPG or should it be in the NEF format.

I'd leave it as NEF. As said, the data is already available in the archive files provided so unless other people also ask I'd ignore me :grin:

Archived