SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Maxim DL5 - Astrometric Resync?

AndyUK

As I haven't managed to get out under the stars for such a long time, I thought I'd try and familarise myself with a few screens in EQMOD, CdC and Maxim... and when in the Autosave scheduling tab, I noticed an entire set of options under the heading "Astrometric Resync"...

Now, last autumn I was just beginning to play with Maxim's pinpoint astrometry (when rain, clouds, work, wind and moon stopped play), but this was the first time I'd noticed these options hidden down here. I had a hunt about on the internet, but found no reference to these anywhere - Has anyone any used these / know what they do... and are they any use?

maxim_zpsf35b3e00.jpg

Thanks very much for that... and so quickly too! I was expecting to find it on the Cyanogen site under user guide, but I guess that would have been a little too obvious! Unfortunately it's not quite going to do what I hoped it might do - check the plate solving between exposures to compensate for drift... This IS actually what it does, but is disabled when guiding - I guess I'm going to have to sort my drift out after all :rolleyes:

Thanks very much for that... and so quickly too! I was expecting to find it on the Cyanogen site under user guide, but I guess that would have been a little too obvious! Unfortunately it's not quite going to do what I hoped it might do - check the plate solving between exposures to compensate for drift... This IS actually what it does, but is disabled when guiding - I guess I'm going to have to sort my drift out after all :rolleyes:

Have a look at CCD commander. I think this will do what you want and the bonus is you can fully automate you whole imaging run.

Steve

Archived