NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Astromaster 130EQ £104 (delivered) at amazon today...

The mount and Red dot Finder are rubbish though. My mount fell apart. Better off buying the Similar Sky Watcher 130.

Have to agree with Perry on this - however the mirror and ota itself usually get quite well reviewed. The finders is rubbish in the dark, which is rather defeating for a astronomical telescope. The mount is very weak and wobbly, though I believe there are a few mods that can be made to improve on this. The focuser is cheap but functional and can have quite a lot of slop, though it is possible to improve this with some sticky felt strips. Optically it will perform especially with some better EPs.

This price though is very keen and the SW130P or 150P alternatives would be a fair bit more expensive new - but second hand might just fit the budget and give you a better quality entry.

I have that scope and have so far been impressed on the limited use it has had!

The red dot finder is pretty useless though but this is not the end of the world and for the price you say it is then you could upgrade in the near future if you need to.

Archived