IPhone clock app

Anyone know of a good clock app for help when setting up the telescope. Features:

Digital time to the second, must be accurate, 24 hour format

Date displayed, USA and DD/MM/YYYY format

Lat and long displayed, from built in locator service

Night mode

I have not found one with all of these features, some come close but do not include the date.

The iphone gets its time from an Internet time server, so is generally accurate to the second anyway.

I use a small app that gives Lat and Long in the correct format, but can;t remember what it's called - will dig it out later and try and remember to post!

Would be good to have an app that does it all though!

what iphone have you got? iPhone 4 and above has a 'Compass' app as standard and this gives you a very accurate long/lat. You can also use google maps, or any planetarium app on the app store, they virtually all grab your location.

As said above, the standard 'Clock' app on iPhone is accurate to the second and you don't need anything more than that...

Thanks for the info on PolarAlign, I may give it a go; being picky I would refer the reticle view to optional so the other measurements are bigger on screen. Can't have everything.

I have an IPhone 4. AFAIK it only displays the second in an analogue clock face, which too small to easily see the second hand. I did not know about the compass app, which is very useful. Many thanks!

Archived