NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

stuff that dreams are made of (well after a bit of loving anyway)

today i took delivery of my dream scope a 12 inch lx200 gps uhtc in full working order and heres the best part a snip at only 1200 uk squids is a scope which i have always wanted but have never even been able to imagine owning one as even second hand they are normally £2000 plus

sorry thats my bragging over (one happy chappie)

heres the part i need help with one the reason i think it was a bit of a bargain is that even though the scope works perfect it has been neglected for a couple of years and was left in a garage which has resulted in a rusty tripod and paint flaking around fork arm and controller unit

i am of corse wanting to restore the mount etc back to its orriginal glory and would really app it if any of you guys have any good ideas on what needs doing to the ally after rubbing down to remove flaking paint i presume its ally because its quite dusty underneath the plasticcote paint

and if any of you guys have removed rust from tripod legs in the past i pressume a bit of elbow grease and some brasso is a good place to start

i have included some pics of the extent of cosmetic wear

any help gratefully appreciated cheers

Archived