Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Seven days without observing make one weak.

The Warthog

It's actually been more than a week. I've missed this entire lunation so far. Sunday night was clear, but I was on my way to Ottawa that night, staying at a hotel in Perth, and had time for only a brief glimpse of the sky from a well lit motel parking lot. I was travelling with Mrs Warthog, and it would have been as much as my life is worth to start setting up a scope.

Tonight will be the first clear night since, and I am attending a charity dinner, so I'm snookered again. One day, soon, we may have a clear night when I can go out and look at stuff. Probably at Full Moon.

I know how you feel, WH... last night was my first chance this lunation. But at least we've been getting some badly needed rain from all of the clouds. :evil:

Last night there was favorable SW libration, and I finally got some decent images of Vallis Inghirami, Vallis Baade and Vallis Bouvard. Will post a pic as soon as I get a chance to go over them and tweak one. :smiley:

Nice catch! Is this an ancient crater chain, or what? If we don't get more clear skies so I can see stuff, I'll be a very old man before I complete the lunar 100. I'm impressed with your photo. :smiley:

Actually, I just checked the list, and I checked off Inghirami last month. The list says it is "Orientale basin ejecta." OK.

You are saying that your weather cleared up, and as you are west of me, that means there's some hope, but I think the wind must be picking up some rain as it blows over Lakes Michigan and Huron, because the near forecast isn't good, and Environment Canada is pretty good. They have their very own satellites, eh?

Thanks WH, I sure hope your sky clears up when you have time to go out. :smiley:

You already had Vallis Inghirami checked off? That's great! :thumbup: It's not too difficult to see, but favorable libration helps 'un-scrunch' it from the limb and defines it better.

Archived